Know How IoT can Double Your Hospitality Business?
IoT this very much ‘in-use’ word can be simply moulded as a concept to connect all digital devices embedded with software, sensors, network connectivity and necessary electronics. It permits them to collect and exchange data, making them responsive and “smart”. The Internet of Things has now fitted itself in all industries, viz logistics, healthcare, sports, agriculture manufacturing, travel and tourism etc. But its intervention in the hospitality industry has many things to talk about. The boom in technology has developed the requirement of IoT services in almost all services. You can also make your business smart by getting IoT Development Services.
In hospitality, it can be defined as a network of digital devices and machines interrelated through the internet for better guest experience in minimal costing.
Here, am listing a few examples of hospitality where IoT has been engraving its worth.
- Marriott have a live Internet of Things room. They are providing a facility of the most realistic virtual life. The room is capable of doing various automated activities.
- Le-Meridian Goa, Calangute has also used IoT to reduce energy consumption and offer an exceptional guest experience.
Why adopt IoT in Hospitality?
Customisation is something which attracts people and providing the same facility would undoubtedly place your hotel and services on the top.
Customisation makes people feel important and being in hospitality, its the most crucial point to be focused.
We can predict that hospitality can carve the optimal benefit from IoT to enhance customer experiences.
Highly valued IoT solutions for hotels:
- Helpful for HR, front desk management and housekeeping.
- Positive reviews of the visitors and one to one customer engagement ultimately lead to more revenue generation.
- Less unpredicted ad-hoc maintenance calls. Scheduled maintenance helps in proper management and contribute to saving cost and money.
- Guest data management becomes easy. The proper analysis of habits, likes, dislikes, preferences and spending patterns allows providing a better-enhanced experience.
So in the end, both the sides i.e. guest and hospitality take the leverage of IoT services which can be only developed by proficient iot application development company.
How IoT entertains guests?
Guest experience is a measuring factor in the hotel industry, and this fact cannot be ignored. The whole hospitality industry runs on the reviews of the guests.
So the inclusion of IoT can provide exclusive services to increase the comfort level of the guests.
- Check-in and Check out queues would be no more headache.
- In-house navigation would help in finding the way to restaurants and other amenities.
- Customised offers/food would pamper the guest.
- Fixing room temperature, music, lighting as per the choice of the guest to provide exceptional comfort.
- Ideal water temperature and remembering the food choices of the guest.
Thes are just some apparent advantages of including IoT in the business.
Read More: Is IIoT is the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
How IoT helps the hotel industry?
For hotel industry, including IoT is like “having the best of all possible worlds.” Let’s check the possible positive ways through which IoT can help:
1) Automatic Room Services:
The automatic room services ultimately fulfil the motive of guests visiting your hotel. They expect comfort and personalised stay, which is only possible through IoT.
For instances, you can adopt a centralised network of automated systems to deliver customised solutions.
Guests can fill out all there preferences like food, temperature, lighting etc. and then everything will be served as per their choices.
A virtual assistant can give a wake-up call to the guest, or smart sensor can make coffee once the guest gets up.
Sensors can detect the absence of the guests and switch off all the services automatically.
In fact, sensors can start shower at a particular time with a set temperature on voice command or through the app.
2) Hotel Maintenance in a smart way:
The hospitality industry has to spend many bucks on maintenance. If it could be detected and sorted out by sensors gradually then it would contribute in reduction of loses.
The IoT sensors can do this and make the maintenance culture smart and secure. It can detect the damaged appliances and fix it automatically, or it can notify you about the same.
Sensors can be installed to detect issues like leaking taps or fused lights to reduce human resources and water wastages.
3) In-room Features:
Through IoT, you can offer keyless doors, set temperatures ( as per the guest’s preference), music, lighting etc.
Amazon’s smart products like Alexa, a voice-based interaction assistant, can be used to control and adjust the in-room features.
4) Smart solutions for building and logistics:
IoT can provide a whole new look to the building and logistics by making it smart and efficient.
Stock management, facility management and inventory can be regularly monitored and better managed in IoT enabled ambience.
This confers better guest experience and maintains the whole management smoothly.
5) Energy management:
Proper energy management can reduce all the useless expenditure caused by the hotel industry. This is possible through IOT and it could aid in reducing energy cost to 20 per cent.
When we talk about IoT and energy-saving, then don’t limit it till heating, air conditioning or ventilating. There are devices like a smart thermostat, occupancy sensors, and machine learning algorithms which analyse the energy usage pattern, weather and peak season demand to manage the energy requirement demand.
6) Cross property integration:
How about centrally calibrating the data of guest for all the hotel chains? Well, IoT would enable you for the same for future purposes and uses. It would learn the choices and preferences of the guest and would set it if guest visits the hotel situated at any place. The visitors would experience the customisation at different chains of same hotel (ultimately making them loyal).
On the other hand, this would bring transparency across properties as data would be uploaded in the CRM.
I won’t say that the above-mentioned roles are definite because IoT can be potentially utilised only if your aim to explore it. IoT is all about its explorations and integrations.
Some IoT devices for the hospitality industry:
- Amazon Alexa: Alexa is a virtual assistant who is ready to serve the guests anytime. It empowers them by providing voice-control to different smart devices. The guest experiences the most customised and personal stay in the hotel.
- Mount Kelvin: Mount Kelvin, a device developed to provide extraordinary experiences to guests for their in-room preferences and comforts through controls. From light to curtain, heating to air condition- it provides all the control to the guest making them king of the room.
- Flic: Flic is another way to enhance the guest experience. It has a wireless Bluetooth button with customizable options that notify the guests for coffee, towels, linen (basic services they demand) just with a press of button.
- Nest Thermostats: It is a smart thermostat which helps in saving money and energy while providing full temperature comfort. It is connected to the hotel’s booking system. It saves the cost by knowing the occupancy of the room. When guest enter it adjusts the temperature as per the guest’s preference.
These IoT solutions will certainly submerge the hospitality industry by making itself “requirement”.
IoT is a one-time investment and has been predicted as a long-time benefit provider for all the industries.
If you too want to embrace the IoT benefits then must contact reliable iot development company.
IoT development services providers can turn your thoughts into an actual reality. In the coming seasons, IoT would be no more a ‘surprise’ as it would be integrated with most of the devices.
Perhaps you need to come in the loop of IoT trends and make your administration and working better in all the possible ways.